Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

SoccerSkillz is now open source. :)

As I work on the next project(which is actually going well) I keep facing a lot of problems with mobile game development. Some related to AndEngine and some because I am new to game dev in general. One of the major problem for me was that I could not find many open source finished android games. Agreed, there are many example code, specially with Andengine and various tutorials. But these are isolated piece of codes. I struggled and am still struggling with how to structure my game overall. How to use scenes, entities. What game design principles to apply, how to integrate menu and UI.

There are a couple of tutorials which help a lot. Specialy http://www.matim-dev.com/full-game-tutorial---part-1.html. But still there are not enough open source games. I wonder whats the reason for it.

Anyways, enough blabbering. I have put the source code for soccerskillz on github here:

Its not a very complicated game(neither was it meant to be). But it does have some key features:
  1. Open source published android game using Andengine.
  2. Uses Physics and Collisions.
  3. Uses a splash screen and transitions.
  4. Uses ClipEntity which I had to code since the version of Andengine I was using did not have it.
I dont know how well commented the code is. But I will be happy to explain if people are interested.

Also feel free to develop, mod the game. But if you make a commercial game some how :) do give me credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment